View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

Reading your two posts causes me to be "of two minds" regarding your situation. Given the rather limited scope of what I know of your drinking history, on the one hand I don't rate your chances of managing your drinking in a healthy fashion very high. For one if you think abuse of alcohol is caused by stress and depression it is going to be hard moving forward in life and successfully avoid stressful and emotionally challenging times, so the future abuse seems to be unavoidable, if you plan on continuing to try and manage drinking. On the other hand though if you decide that managing drinking to keep it in check proves to be not worth the effort and simply not drinking is a better option, I believe you can make that choice and be successful at it. It's my experience that people who "fall asleep" at bars have a difficult time of keeping the management of alcohol consumption in check, either per session or as a "lifestyle". I passed out in practically every bar in town, so much so I wasn't welcome back in many of them. Didn't stop me from drinking though , I just switched to drinking at home. At least at this point it bothers you, that's a good thing by the way, I was dumb enough to just change tactics. Never got the hang of the management thing and the stress anxiety and emotional distress caused by that fed the cycle for years. Like was said , you get to make the rules, I hope you make good ones.
Wish you well