Old 04-09-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Hang in there canguy. Does your "live in guest" know that you are quitting drinking?

BigS, I understand the cancelling. Good move. The over thinking everything always got me into trouble with the drinking. Now the over thinking is impacting my sleep. Maybe there is a step group for OT, over thinkers anonymous.

Speaking of which, some guy was in court and was supposed to be attending NA as part of his sentencing but his progress reports said that he wasn't really engaged. His attorney said that he was diligently attending meetings every day. The judge asked "what's step one?" And the guy recited the serenity prayer. Judge told the guy he needs to start paying attention in meetings.

Saoutchik, we are the world and we aren't out to get you. Carling may be giving out free samples, that doesn't mean we have to drink it because the cost of that "free" beer isn't freedom for us. I noticed last weekend at my local grocery store that a woman was doing wine samples. I'm a wino but I just walked by. But, interestingly enough, MOST people were walking by. That was a first. Usually when there are samplings its like flies on whatever.