View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Cynderino

I'm here, I'm here!

Been in kind of a funk myself lately. Today is 1.5 on the dot for me. I don't feel like drinkin but sh*t, I want that escape too. I went to a 50th birthday party on Friday night and everybody was enjoying their beverages. I was kind of jealous. Not for the drink but for the loosey goosey feeling they all got about 2 hours in. Needless to say that is when I left. Then Monday I was at the Royals Home Opener. All the beer flowing around. Ugh. I digress. I think it is just a tough time of the year to be "responsible" when it seems every one is cutting loose for Springtime.

I have slacked off a bit on my running and am in the process of getting back on that. It was a great way for me to blow off steam and take an hour each day to collect my thoughts. It is a form of meditation. AA talks a lot about emotional sobriety and I am feeling as though I am not there right now. Sure, I can abstain today from drinking but I need to remember WHY I am in this place right now. I was miserable. I hated myself. I was desperate for a change. No going back now!

I love you guys. Don't drink. I'd miss you too much! XOXOXO