View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 03:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
tomsteve

I remember where I came from. I remember the gloom,dispair, and misery. I remember the desperation. And one thing I really remember?
I just want to vent. I just want to talk about my problem,or problems.
Just a Few things that got me to the point of desperation.
That's when I had to do more that that " just talk about it." I had to stop looking for pity parties or sympathy. I had to be around people that had been in my shoes and didn't have a problem using a crowbar on me to work at popping my head outta my arse. They had been in my shoes and weren't Gona waste their time on someone that wanted to wallow in self pity and not get into action.
Of course, I could have went around people that were still drunk and see if they could help me get sober. See if they could help me solve my problems.
But I remembered how well that didn't work.

"Why is that ? I dont know. Something is missing. I Know !!!..."What is your plan" ??? I dont know !!!...I dont have a clue !! I dont seek condemnation. I seek support...from people who are still in the same boat as me. "

Can you explain how someone who is still drinking can help someone get sober?
has that worked for ya so far?

"Having YEARS of sobriety under your belt is not really helping me. You long timers have experienced the "Miracle". The craves are over with...you never give it a second thought...drinking is the LAST thing on your mind !"

Exactly! so why not take the suggestions from the long timers and run With them?
It's not helping you maybe because yo aren't doing what is suggested? Not putting in the footwork? Maybe expecting us to come and carry you?

I hope ya change your mind and start taking suggestions and get into action.

Sittin in the garage all day won't make me a car.