View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
LadyinBC
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by DuhDave View Post
You long timers have experienced the "Miracle". The craves are over with...you never give it a second thought...drinking is the LAST thing on your mind
I am truly sorry you are struggling.

I will have 3 years July 21 and I don't know if that is really considered a long timer.

First of all I still do have cravings and to say that I don't miss it never think about it, well I would be lying. Difference now is that the cravings are farther apart inbetween and I have found different ways of coping.

I also don't have to have a bad day in order to want to drink. I've even had and have days where I want to throw up my hands and say to myself "what am I really doing this for".

There really is no easy way to do this and being an alcoholic I know is never going to go away for me. I truly get thru this one day at a time.

I too struggled when I first quit drinking, wanting to quit so bad and just couldn't or didn't know how and deep down probably didn't want to. Maybe I wasn't quit there yet. I don't know. I didn't find this site until I was 5 months sober, but I can assure you if I found it when I first started out, I would have had lots of those "ummm yup day 1 again, yup I drank again..... etc. etc."

Your journey is going to be different from someone else. I truly believe that people do and and find a way that works for them. You are going to get various opinions when you post here and some you are not going to like. Sometimes you need to shelf them and bring them out later. Sometimes they make sense later on.

I truly believe that you can do this and that you will .