View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
I'm flabbergasted that he had the cajones to even ASK you to "come over and just lay with me"....

what a GIANT CROCK of steamy Quack.
He said it as a, ahem, hopeful, joke, LOL. He knew what my answer would be, LOL. He's going to help me bring home a new TV on Thursday and will help me set it up too. Nice to have a male friend these days!

Now, I'm not going to lie and say that we haven't messed around....but, we both have been honest and up front about where we're at and what we both want moving forward. Any decisions I make surrounding this friendship are done with eyes wide open knowing exactly where I am at and where he is at. No fantasies, no denial, and no head buried in the sand. That is what recovery has done for me. I am allowed to be an adult and to have frienships, relationships, romances, etc if I want to and be willing to take responsibility for my role, etc.

Life is good. It's really refreshing to not live in fantasy land anymore. Reality may not always be pretty, but it's far easier to deal with than having unmet expectations and living on the crazy train!