Old 04-04-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
AddictGuy

DJ,

You can't expect us, on this site to say, "hey, you know what? this guy should be smoking pot." Those of us on this side of recovery don't feel sorry for you or think you were strong for throwing anything out that was very, very good. We no longer see any recreational drugs and alcohol as being good.

Just the way you talk, you sound like you are still very drug oriented. Like you know what you are doing. That is not the kind of talk that we hear from people who are serious about getting their lives together.

We only have one bottom line message for you. Get clean and get sober.

You talk about medicinal pot. You talk about it supercharging you. that doesn't sound medicinal. You didn't say what it was medicinal for? Do you have seizures? Are you in pain? Are you taking chemo? You say you only take it when you "need" it. How is it medicinal to you? Because it keeps you from drinking? and if you don't drink you won't use hard drugs? It sounds like some kind of a bargaining thing more than a medicinal thing to me. So, my friend, what am I missing?

Unless you have quite an explanation for pot, you're just not going to find any of us here to salute when you raise that flag. It sounds circular to me.

We are here about getting clean and sober. that's why we are here. We don't recommend or condone pot to keep anyone sober. that's the first I have heard of that one. And if you only use it to keep you sober then why aren't you successful at being sober?

You seem like a thinking and reasoning person. And that is exactly how I am trying to address you. to appeal to your thinking and your reasoning.

the people who get sober -- who get clean and sober -- are the ones who are willing to do anything to get that way. and no, you don't have to do a higher power thing to do that. there are other methods, but you certainly have to find one, if you want to get sober, which is what you say you want to do. You have to have a plan. and then you have to "religiously" follow that plan.

Stay in touch. Let us know what you think and what you are doing.