Thread: last chance
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
She was absolutely right to stick to her boundaries. No child deserves to be raised in an alcoholic household. She is right. I would not trust someone who is inebriated and who cannot keep his promises around a baby either and neither would anyone with half a brain. Now moving on and moving forward, stop wallowing in self pity. You knew there would be consequences yet you drank anyway you pretty much made your bed. The good news is that you can still chose to get sober. Dump the booze and make it day one if you want to have a relationship with your child. I hope that by that you mean you give up the booze and are dumping it down the drain. Right now, the person I feel sorry for is a young mom who had no choice but to protect her baby and is probably freaking out that the man she loves chose alcohol over his family and that she ll have to raise the child alone. So man it up, get sober so you can be part of your child's life and help raise him. He deserves a sober dad. You can do it. We are here for you but no one can help someone who is not willing to help himself.
This. ^^^^^^^