Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
It's perfect streak weather! Finally a nice day. I just wish it would dry up so I could get outside. I would rather see you aware of things and work them rather than ignore it and have worse consequences
I'm assuming that you meant steak not streak. I'm old enough to remember when streaking was a fad, but I can assure you that clothes will be worn while cooking and subsequently eating dinner. :-)

Awareness is a biggie and while I do have some situational triggers that I'm in the process of getting past I've also noticed that I'm more susceptible to a poor decision when I'm either hungry or tired. Angry or lonely don't seem to have any influence.

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Rather than "redouble" your effort, GC, it's probably time that you get involved in additional support. For me, trying hard or being a good guy was not and never would be enough. You've been around long enough to know that just putting down the drink often leads to another relapse. And then another, and another.
It very well may come to that, but I'm not there yet. The declarative statement of, "I don't drink." appeals to me and, for the most part, has been effective. Obviously not 100%, but the things are definitely moving in the right direction. As always EndGame, thank you for your input.

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
In the long term, missing out on a run or a workout is trivial in comparison to what's at stake here.
I totally agree.

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Dinner sounds grand, I'd pair that with a pitcher of sweet tea(but then again I pair everything with that). A nice early evening , head to bed with either a good book or movie ,and wake to take on another day clearheaded. then repeat, repeat, ..
I feel very confident that I can do that now, for me that confidence came from no longer using my 'alcoholism' as an excuse to keep me from deciding to quit, for good.
Thanks about dinner. My beverage of choice tonight, as it usually is, is going to be club soda. Afterward I'm going to take my cues from my son and then do some reading before hitting the hay. My wife has an adult school furniture repair class tonight, but she'll be home early enough for the three of us to hang out. Unlike last night, I'm fully committed to sobriety.