View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by Eliasson View Post
My old sponsor. And many of the women in that group. I totally get it. I've made so many attempts at sobriety and have failed. I feel bad for wasting anyone's time and energy. It's just hard because AA is supposed to be a group that understands this disease and what I'm struggling with. If even they don't want anything to do with me, where do I turn?
Do you think maybe they are showing some tough love because they don't want to see you die? AA & the people in the meetings can't help you unless you stop drinking. I've heard people in AA say " Alcoholics Anonymous is for people who WANT it, not for people who need it.

I've observed people in AA detaching from people who continue to drink b/c they feel that their time would be better spent helping people who WANT it. I've seen so many people die in and out of the rooms. It's so sad. Do you think they are trying tough love with you? Because they care and are afraid you're going to die?

I'm so sorry you feel abandoned. I'm sure these women are just scared & fear for your life. I will pray for you. Don't give up!!!