Thread: To the doctors?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cjwat

To the doctors?

Some people might of read my recent threads as I have struggled the last few weekends with withdrawals or hangovers....possible both. In a nut shell I have been regularly binge drinking for what possible is now 15 years plus, I cant really remember the last weekend I didn't drink for put it that way. My binge would be at home Friday with a bottle wine, few beers and few ciders followed by the same Saturday if not once in the week, if I went out then it could be a all dayer Saturday (possible no alcohol Friday) or a skin full sat night.

As mentioned the feelings the day after have turned to total paranoid feelings, I get really scared my brain feels like its shivering and I am so tired but scared to sleep! Two days later (like today) all things seem to improve and then by the weekend I think...oh I will be ok...but obviously this isn't the case. I remember a year or so back when the paranoid feeling started , this then was nowhere near as bad as now but I have over the last 2/3 years always been jumpy when hearing noises etc, which again must be nerve damage related.

My question really is is it OK To book into the doctors? I don't really want a lecture but want to see if (or what ) damage I have done if any, or I have hangover and they are just worsen. I am in the UK and not sure if its acceptable just to go in and say "hey I drank to much can you see if im ok " Maybe its reassurances I want, but can anyone guide of they have done the above with the Doctors ?

Any help would be great