View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Tam, I have to hand it to you -- I don't want to take calls from a drunk. I hate to see newcomers here when they post drunk. I feel so pointless. I know there's nothing I can say or do for them. And at least on SR our responses are something they can look back at the next day, or that someone else can read. On the phone, I'd think, what good is it?

Ready, sorry to hear about your relationship issues, but I think you're pretty amazing to be venturing into so much new territory -- it's really a testament to your sobriety that you seem to be handling change very well. I know it must feel rocky sometimes though.

I finished work towards a couple of deadlines last week -- the whole month of April is going to be kind of challenging. I really want to cut out right now to tell the truth. I'd almost convinced myself earlier tonight that I could have 1 shot of vodka. Or that when I fly to Chicago in a couple of weeks, I can take an afternoon to myself there and get trashed. But I can't. It wouldn't be any good. Why bother?

This is a passage I read today: "'This malady doth commonly accompany them to their grave; physicians may ease, and it may lie hid for a time, but they cannot quite cure it, but it will return again more violent and sharp than at first, and that upon every small occasion or error' ... there will be some relics of melancholy left in the purest bodies (if once tainted), not so easily to be rooted out."

Has anyone seen the new orange SR? I can't be the first to think, it's enough to drive you to drink!