View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
waitingforhope

You're right, it's so true. For some there is no rock bottom. I'm another one of those wives who are out there going through it. My husband once had a six figure income. We had a nice house in a middle upper class subdivision, nice retirement funds set up, stocks, our farm. A nice, quiet life. Nice and boring and quiet. And I was thankful to God for every blessing since that was a far cry from anything I had ever known before. I am so lucky and grateful that I had still been able to keep our farm for my children and I to retreat to. All of it is gone now except the farm which I moved to when we separated and we lost the other house after he lost his job. He's lost his health and now he's losing his family soon. The money, the assets, all gone too. Thank God we hadn't lost that farm. He must have saved it for us. A gift for my kids and I. My AH lost everything for drugs. It speaks to the power of that demon, the hold it has on them. I hope your friend goes forward with strength and self confidence that she can endure and make it through whatever decisions she has to make. I feel for the loses big and small that she will have to get through. Us wives who've been there, know what's coming. It's not easy, but all things worth it are never really easy. I'll pray for her.