Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Just checking in.

No drinks after my last post last night, was in bed shortly after, and as planned, was up early to get my run done. All is good even though the run was far more difficult than it should have been.

Although committed to being sober I'm a little nervous about tonight especially after I get dinner on the table because that's when my wife takes over. We have very defined roles when hosting and after 30 years of doing so there is no need for discussion about what each of us are going to be tasked with. In short, I plan the menu and do the cooking and she takes care of dessert and cleaning up. But that also means that although I'm still hosting after dinner, my heavy lifting is done for the evening and I can let my folliclly (not sure if that's really a word) challenged head of hair down. We're all 55 plus so it's not like it's going to be a college frat party, but to varying degrees folks will be drinking. My plan, because I always do better with a plan, is to always have a glass of seltzer within arm's reach and remember that I have to be responsible for cooking breakfast Sunday morning.

Thanks SR for giving me an outlet to write down my thoughts.