Old 03-27-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
thequest

Wow, for starters that should be an off the record informal conversation where one can respond.

Although appalled by this I am not surprised. I can tell by the way the alkie /addict here talks here he has been coached or his friends are yessing him to death. The alkie/addict will portray themselves as the victim. That's what this "friend" seems to feel or agree with.

I also find it ironic that when the alkie/addict doesn't get what they want they label you and others who have helped them as judgmental when you don't help them a lot or simply don't agree with them.

I've also found alkies/addicts tend to go out of their way to stay with similar thinking & acting friends. The turnover in the alkie/addict's friends here has increased as things have gotten worse for him. If he doesn't get the empathy he wants he out. If you don't listen or agree with him you are stupid, wrong and mean.

When it's at the point where his friend can't even talk to you and yet seem to be doing his bidding maybe it's time to severe relations.

Good Luck!