View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
PinkCloudsCharley

Originally Posted by BlueChair View Post
When I came here I was presented alanon. Hopeful presented Celebrate Recovery and I actually think it could use a mention of its own. I know its still a 12 step but it fills a specific gap for people who are Christians and want those specific ties. This is why I was drawn to it originally. I like how it says they dont use labels and other things also, and how it has a big meeting where the couple could go together and then split off in groups. I think it should be explained in a sticky. Allfor presented Craft and Smart. With all of the methods including alanon I went and talked to the counselor for advice based on my situation and facts.

I think you did this too didnt you Charley?
Yes, I took my information to our counselor and it was he who led me through a great deal of it. But it was also yours and Allfor's explanations and insight in the beginning that helped me to understand what I was looking for.

When I found our counselor, it was like an interview. We had gone through so many counselors at that point that we knew what we wanted and were prepared to keep looking. He told me he was surprised how much I already understood and we were able to start at a much further along place than what he usually does.