Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Getting through the Day 2 okay, but drinking in the middle of the afternoon was never my problem. I'd like to write that I got a good run done this morning, but my asthma has been very problematic of late so I just walked after my meeting this morning. Meh.

Before last night I hadn't cooked dinner in three days, but last night we had grilled chicken with a side of French cut string beans. Tonight I'm making a meatloaf with a side of corn and tomorrow I'm leaning toward making eggplant rollatini with a salad. I'm currently defrosting a batch of sauce I previously made.

In other food/sobriety news, we're hosting a dinner party for 8 people, including me and my wife, on Saturday and just as I've had a number of Day 1's with sobriety I've had Day 1's with my finalized menu. Don't know why I'm making so many changes, but after tomorrow the die is cast because I'm shopping on Thursday. Two of the people live over 2 hours away and another 2 live about 1.5 hours away so they're going to sleep over. The other couple, who live about 15 minutes from here, will go home and then come back the next morning for breakfast. I had a conversation with one of the guests yesterday and explicitly stated that I wasn't drinking. She was a little inquisitive, not in a pushy manner, and I told her the truth. The whole thing was very brief. Whether the topic comes up on Saturday remains to be seen, but even if it does I know that nobody is going to try and persuade me to drink, even in a light hearted way.