View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
nymets86

Cohiba, I feel you man. It's tough to find the point in sobriety when depression sets in. I entered a bad rut yesterday at Day 34 from a depression standpoint. It's just tuesday and I don't yet have a plan for this weekend, when part of me is just thinking "f-this, just drink Friday." However, I know where that will make me feel Monday. The stuff making me depressed will still be there and I'll heap on top of it more shame about drinking. So I'm taking it one day at a time, but committing to coming on here daily and signing in on the 24-hour thread and posting elsewhere.

Keep checking in here as much as possible as support. If you have a smartphone, log on at work too. Although At first I was terrified my employer would search my web history and see I was on a sobriety message board, I realized if that happens, they probably wouldn't do anything, so I have used my computer at work too.

I figure that getting sober is priority #1 and then other things, with hard work and planning, will fall into place after.