View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
IOAA2

Hi.
By now you probably realize that trying to control something usually means it’s out of control.
In my history I immersed myself in AA which has helped millions and has meetings world wide so we can be among people who understand us.
In all honesty I didn’t know what I didn’t know so I had a lot of learning to do by going to many meetings and getting active.
I learned that the first drink gets me drunk so I needed to stay away from many hangouts and people who drank/used. Alcohol is cunning, powerful, baffling and insidious often telling us “just one will be ok.” NO, NO.
I needed to get honest with myself about my drinking and accept the fact I cannot drink in safety one day at a time in a row.
Soon I/we need to work on the reasons we drink and make changes so we can enjoy life again.
It’s basically simple but not always easy. I won’t say this loud but I even got on my knees and asked MY Higher Power to help me stay away from the first drink. Things have worked out for a lot of years and I hope they do for you also.

BE WELL