View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
ReadyOrNot123

Hi all, still chugging along here, watching the snow fall for what I fervently hope is the last time this winter. I checked the extended weather and it looks like it might be sunny and mild next week. I'm going the optimistic route.

I'm having coffee and my niece is sleeping. We have a great day and literally shopped till we dropped, then had dinner with her grandfather, came home, watched some basketball (go Iowa!) and hit the hay early. She were (naturally) talking about her boyfriend and she said his parents are both alcoholics. One day they went looking for his father at his mother's request, and found him passed out in his car. The mother is more of a loud drunk. They fight with each other all the time about drinking. Poor kid is embarrassed that his parents act this way in front of others, he's obviously used to it. It was just so sad to hear. Kids are forced to grow up too early. Even knowing from a personal standpoint how hard it is to kick this, it's hard to hear stuff like that. Anyway, it helped with my resolve. My niece is a really good kid and I loved spending time with her. I also loved having the day off from work.

I hope everyone has a good, sober weekend.