View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Mango blast

Grits, hugs! It is a bugger dealing with these things, isn't it?

Ironic about Celiac because I never identified with it until recently. I'm starting to understand how many different ways it can express itself. And why would anyone with celiac crave gluten-loaded foods? Can You Be Addicted to Gluten? I realize it would appear to makes no sense whatsoever that I would crave the very foods that hurt me.

DS8 and I are often a neurotic mess when we've had certain foods. Yes, an outburst or meltdown over bathing has happened before. Or over a sock not feeling right. Or someone said something that we take completely wrong. Sometimes we want nothing to do with those foods, other times we crave them.

Gluten-brain connection
Nature Clinical Practice Neurology | A case of celiac disease mimicking amyotrophic lateral sclerosis | Article

What it really comes down to, imo, is that she is on her own journey.It does sound like she has a lot of issues. Amy, please consider how best to take care of yourself first. You are important, and whatever crisis your daughter is going through or creating is her own load to carry. May you find peace in your own life.