View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
nymets86

Torn/ready/calico, great job staying sober.

Torn, travel can be stressful, I agree, but just think how much fun you'll have in Europe! If your flights gets delayed or cancelled, don't worry too much, you'll get there eventually.

Ready, seems like more snow headed toward the northeast, so If you hate snow, that's a bummer. Enjoy the time spent with your niece and I guess continue to laugh at the absurd winter that's happening in Boston. Spring will get here eventually.

Calico, I think dogs don't really feel depression the way humans do, so just continue to be nice to her going forward. Good job sticking to club soda.

Today is day 30 for me. I don't have any plans for the weekend so I'm feeling pretty lonely just thinking about that as I head off to work. I don't have any temptations right now, but a weekend like this would usually be a trigger. I'd be calling up my other single friends and convincing them to go to a bar to watch the NCAA tournament. I'm not going to do that, just going to be a bit weird watching all the games alone in my apartment.

While that may not be ideal, I know on Monday, I'd rather look back on a lonely weekend spent watching basketball, than a drunken/blacked out weekend spent at bars with a handful of friends where I may or may not remember what happened.