View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 11:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Buggirl

Originally Posted by ipaidwithmylife View Post
Hi: so I apologize in advance for the endless rant, but...

here's the thing: my messed-up brain terribly puzzles me: up to a few weeks ago, when I'd just quit, it seemed like I was sorta heading in the right direction: I had brain fog during the day, but I still experienced active thoughts at night, dreamt, remembered everything about my day... I was hopeful and didn't really mind the set-back that much...

Since the beginning of this week, though: I feel like it's all going backwards: I say the dumbest things, put things in the wrong place... Is this normal? And can I expect progress again? I binge-drank(bottle of wine or five cans of beer two times a week, for about a year and four months, so I'm kind of counting the same amount of time for my recovery.) I stopped drinking a little before New-years...

To be honest: sobriety hasn't been such a positive experience, up til this point(as you can already tell from multiple posts of mine.) I keep waiting for some miracle to happen. I'm not religious by any means, but I pray everyday. I only want me back. I miss me a lot. This right now: is NOT me! I don't know who the hell this person is, but... ugh I just... I feel lost and it never, for one minute stops.

Any tips to feel better or words of consolation? It'll be much appreciated...
It's totally 'normal'. It's the chemical balance of the brain changing! It will pass with time. Your body is healing! Don't panic, things will start to improve, just stick with it, it is worth it!