Old 03-18-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
immri

Well, im not much older than you I just turned 24 around Christmas, so you're welcome to pm me anytime for age-specific stuff
I first came here when I was 21 I think, but I didn't really stop and in the last few years everything has gotten so much worse
I understand trying to find people you're own age to relate to, I don't think there's anything wrong with that! I know it's something I reaally appreciate about the AA meetings I go to, there are a few people my age and yes it does sometimes make a big difference.
Generally though I think somewhere like SR the support and advice is the same no matter the age. Maybe if you have a specific age related question or concern you could start a thread about that? Although if your questions are all medical you should really see your doctor again I agree, and keep going until all your concerns are explained!! I only recently learned this, but you do actually have to be insistent with Drs when something 'feels off', they aren't psychic
About doing too much damage too young though, I do worry the same sometimes, but ill really have to wait and see until I've been sober a good period of time