Old 03-18-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ipaidwithmylife

It's just difficult to tell, what's stress related and what's alcohol-related. When I'd just finished drinking about two months ago( the all-too-dangerous holidays), I had slight brain-fog, which worried me, so I quit, PRONTO! I decided to turn my life around and began a very healthy diet. I felt very demoted, guilty and sad though, so I didn't really go out and do much(eg: excercise, learn new stuff) I did play brain games, but it was all very passive and on the computer, so yeah.

Then, a month ago I had a check-up at the hospital, but I didn't tell the truth about my drinking. Yet, everything, even the CT of my brain, came out normal. But about two weeks ago: I got chest-pains at night and my memory didn't seem the same. So this week I got another HONEST check-up: the result was the same. I just want this to get better, even if it is only by 5 %, it would already be a huge relief.

I thought things would get better, once you gave up drinking, but in my case, they seem to only get worse. I just don't have the energy to fight it or pick up anything anymore, cause I can hardly concentrate.