Old 03-18-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kafkaesque

Hi Ipaid,

I can only speak of my experience but I'm 23 (turning 24 next month) and realized I was an alcoholic about a year ago. I started to binge drink when I was 19 and it only got progressively worse, especially after I turned 21. I have also seen a doctor who said everything was normal, but I have awful acid reflux and feel exhausted almost every day. The thing of it is, our bodies took a toll when we drank like we did and it won't be overnight for our bodies to fully recover. But if you feel something is really off, you should go back and see your dr again or maybe even think about seeing a new doctor who might take extra time just because they don't know you. Have you spoken to your doctor about your drinking?

I can relate to what you mean about feeling disconnected from reality. But for me, I've realized that's just because I haven't been sober for an extended period of time before. Im still discovering who I am sober and learning how my life is different now that I am sober. Over time I think you just begin to get acclimated with how life is sober and how great it really is