View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jaggdlittlephil

A fairly shy hello

Hello there! Erm, not really sure where to start. I have had problems with drinking for years and it has caused problems in my life before, but it's been especially bad lately. I moved to China 6 months ago to teach and the drinking has started seriously affecting my work, I've been given many warnings, and I know that rock bottom for me would be being fired from this job and have to return home because of drinking. So I've actually stopped today! And... not feeling too great right now, feel more... lost than proud. And I had an idea to join a forum because obviously I can't get any professional help in China (I can't speak Chinese) and my work colleagues don't really know me that well outside of.... well, work and binge drinking. So I thought this would be a good place to get some support!

I've tried quitting so, so, so many times before and I'm petrified this will be another failed attempt. I've (stupidly) based so much of my identity around how drunk I can get and the reputation that comes with it, but it's making me completely unhappy, turning my friends against me and.... I've gone on for too long, sorry

Anyway, nice to meet you!