Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ronnyf

Hello!

Hi my name is Ronny and I am an alcoholic! My home group is the Wednesday living sober group of Rosebank and my sobriety date is July 9 1981. My sponsors is Tim P and I am grateful to be sober and a member of AA. I am 67 years old and I have six children and eight grandchildren. I attend 6 meetings a week. I spent my life in the field of medicine where I was given the privilege to carry a message, or at least try do so for 32 years until retirement 2 years ago. I worked mostly in private practice but also held the position of head of medicine at a government founded treatment centre for 12 years and worked as a volunteer emergency surgeon within the EMS sector for 25 years. My wife passed away last year and that was a difficult time for me, but by the grace of G-d I have been able to work through those emotions and continue my primary purpose which is to carry the message of recovery. Happy to be here, and hope to meet new people, find additional support in my recovery and help anyone who may need some support.