Old 03-17-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
IloveRRR

Thank you for all the support

A little more about us: We are in our late 40's. We have both been married before and had some long term unsuccessful relationships. I truly dont think either of came together "unhealthy" or looking to for someone to "complete" each other. I have an excellent career and was very happy with my life and being single when we met. I certainly will take everyone's advice. I am familiar with the disease, however, I am used to the crazy, violent, crashing the car and depleting the bank account kind of disease. My husband is the kindest, caring man. We enjoy each other, cooking, TV, rides on his motorcycle, shopping and talking about our day. I have a great life and then WHAM, he drinks and it takes my husband away. I think its almost easier when your spouse is crazy and violent when drinking. Then it becomes a matter of safety and every day is stressful. I know. I lived with a man like that for 11 years. When my husband (then new bf) told me he was in recovery I almost wanted to walk away. But I think that would have been very unfair of me. He told me today that he doesnt want me to leave and he knows he has a problem and needs my help. But nothing ever comes of those words....I've heard them before. That's the part where I feel like I am enabling him. He's simply great until he drinks. Then he is quiet and just falls into sleeping and drinking. I'm going to stay active on this site- you really don't know how much it is helping me just to write this and have people respond. Thank all of you. <3