Old 03-17-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Welcome to SR and everything that SparkleKitty said.

Your husband's drinking has not much to do with his love for you. The comment that if love alone stopped the drinking, there wouldn't be SR is spot on. It isn't enough and until your husband admits there is a problem and wants to stop you will just be along for the ride.

I try practicing detachment and boundary setting but with some success. My husband and I are both alcoholics. I'm sober, he's relapsed. I get wrapped up in towering rages too. That's a really heavy weight to carry around. Take are of you first. Read in family and friends. And really do need the advice of not having kids until this is resolved. If you think you are carrying the full load now? Try being a single parent when your spouse is sleeping it off in the next room. He will never join in. Visions of a family unit will change as you realize that the family unit is you and the kids.

You didn't probably want or need all I wrote but I'm struggling with this myself at the moment and my husband knows he is an alcoholic, he just wants to keep at it at the moment.

Don't bottle all this inside in real life. An in person support network is so important. Again, welcome to SR.