Thread: Update - Day 3
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HoosierFarmer

Update - Day 3

I'm still here, guys. Still sober. Went to my second meeting last night. Good experience with super nice people. Got another number from a guy who looked around my age in the meeting. Went to the gym. I stayed with a friend last night. Most likely will stay with him again, but I plan on going back home Wednesday.

Have been texting with my wife. The friend I stayed with has talked to her a couple times and all I can say at this point is that time will tell. Of course this adds anxiety, but I'm trying to stay in the present and do what I need to today. It was good to talk to my friend last night and talk about a future without drinking.

I'm trying to build on my plan brick by brick. The meeting I was in last night emphasized that thinking too much early in the process was not a good idea. So I'm just leaning on the experience of others and getting through each day. I've been reflecting a lot on the impact alcohol has had on my life in dramatic as well as insidious sneaky ways that aren't visible on the surface. I'm ready to try something else.