View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
mirage

Shoot aussie, I'm sorry you're struggling. I feel you about the release thing. I have not been close to drinking, but I have been feeling...bitter? lately about the fact that I don't have an escape like the casual drinking does. Those days when you just need a couple glasses of wine to take the edge off, to make you a little more relaxed, to make things a bit funnier. I do miss that. I know drinking isn't the answer for me, I don't want to go down that road, but I do understand where you're coming from. Part of that (all of that?) is the addiction part. We're used to relying on a substance to cope with unpleasant feelings of stress or sadness. I think that even when the habit is broken and we are sober, there can be some remnant of addiction that lurks because of how long we drank. It's important to see it for what it is and remember that is does us no good in the long term. Don't worry about getting it together before you post hon, this isn't the sobriety thread. It's a thread for friends to help each other when we need it. Please don't feel like it's some sober club that you're not a part of. That doesn't help you OR us.

Good to see you, Lofty. Wow, things are changing over there, huh? I hope you're not struggling or unhappy. Hang in there.

Congrats, PBC! I'm so glad you turned that corner and left the dark side. I'm proud of you and so happy for you. You wanted it so badly and you figured out how to get it and make it work for you. You should feel so proud of yourself.

Happy St. Patty's day! Today T turns 16. Very exciting. No driver's license, though. He took driver's education, but hasn't practiced driving. He's just not really ready, still scares him. That's fine, I told him there's no hurry and that I will drive him whenever he needs a ride. (He had a classmate die in a car accident this summer. He had his permit and was driving his mom and they were both killed. It shook T up, as you can imagine.) So anyway...for most kids, 16 means driving, but not today! haha We took him to an Irish pub on Sunday, he's always to go to one for dinner. He wore his kilt, ate Irish stew and was in heaven. lol Love that kid.

Dee...LOVE that avi. Really made me smile today. Hope you're doing well, my friend!

Have a great day, all!