View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Twofour

Originally Posted by Ilovemysonjj View Post
Dear two, please know I have been there and done that in terms of the jail issue and fear that goes with that. If this is his first offense, they may order court ordered rehab in lieu of jail. That is a good option. Your son is young, and there is always the hope he will want to change before the "Hell" starts with their consequences of choices. My story is long and over 3 years here of posting, but I WILL say that there is council here. Ann, Anvil, Zoso, LovemeNow, Garden Mama, Zale and many, many more have held me through my despairs. The ONE thing I learned is that I cannot have an active addict living under my roof (or even early recovery) without the insanity of their lifestyle interfering with my serenity. A very hard thing to come to terms with for sure, but so many speed bumps in the struggle for sobriety have occurred because of my enabling. Its hard to accept that I learned from my "failures" to attempt to control the addictive actions.
I LOVE my son unconditionally but I cannot continue my destructive actions to save him.
Hard stuff, but we are ALL here to help each other.
I hope and pray your son is learning from these consequences.
Can I ask you was that after he did live with you and rebound a few times that you found that strength? Just curious, not judging.