View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
hopeful4

Hello and welcome to SR. I am glad you are here, lots of support here. First things first, while it's great he has been sober for 60 days, that in the grand scheme of things is a very short amount of time. My X relapsed after an entire year sober out of rehab. My X is also a depressed, anxiety ridden person. I know the pressure of living like that. The poor me all the time. It wears you down to the point of exhaustion. It got so bad for me that my mom finally took me to the doctor and said I was having a nervous breakdown, which was spot on.

I went to Celebrate Recovery, to a counselor who deals with helping families with addiction (alone, my X did not go), and of course the wonderful people here at SR helped me through those dark days.

I know the doubt you feel. I also know the asking, "why us." Ultimately, you will just accept this is how it is. You are right to put yourself first. There is absolutely no point in going down the rabbit hole with him. Thing is, he has a lot of recovery to do. He can choose to do so, or not. Only time will tell.

Until then, keep taking care of YOU!!!

ps...my X loves to say I abandoned him. In reality, he abandoned me and our children through his bad behaviors.