View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
tornrealization
01-14-2019

nymets86, I drank often to go to sleep. It's bad sleep though. So I'd pass out and wake up - surprise - tired! When I quit the last few times I was having trouble sleeping and eventually could sleep. To my surprise this time I only had like 5 days of sleep problems. The main reason was I was withdrawing.

After that, things have been good. The main difference for me in this quit and the last quits is I quit drinking soda pop about 1.5 months before I quit drinks. Even quitting my daily 2 bottles of pop a day and more at night was hard. I had a trigger at 2pm at work to drink pop. I know you don't like tea, but I tried it - hate the lipton stuff. So the flavored teas, a lot have no caffeine. I think basically eliminating caffeine also helped with sleep.

Jen you said "You think 4 cups of coffee and one can of red bull alot?" I would say for me, yes. That would keep me up all night long !! I hope you got to sleep sooner than later.

ReadyOrNot123- My first big quit was in 2008 when I was like 29 as well. I quit for I think 8ish months? I guess that's not too big because it wasn't a year. I white knuckled it knowing I'd drink again around my wedding time. While I found some good in it, I knew I'd drink again so I didn't work on getting used to it. I drank lots of mountain dew, didn't do any recovery anything and just beared down. I did lose a lot of weight and do some running.

I used to go on SoberRecovery years ago and I posted in my 20s and so many people said quit now, you won't regret it. Now I'm 36, wish I had listened. I don't remember my username from then.

Have a sober Sunday everyone!