Thread: I surrender!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Serenidad

I surrender!!!

I wanted to check in and say that I feel that I have finally surrendered to this monster disease! I've been trying to stay sober with SR alone, Rational Recovery, AVRT, books, exercise, journaling, etc. etc. and for me those things "all by themselves" don't work for me. They ARE great tools though.

I stayed sober for 5 & 1/2 years with the help of Alcoholics Anonymous & the 12 Steps from 2008-2013. I relapsed last year because I stopped going to meetings and stopped working the program and forgot "what I am".

Soooo....I am NOT saying AA is right for everyone, but for THIS alcoholic....I really can't stay sober without it. I need the face to face support of the amazing people in the rooms, the steps etc...the structure.

I know I've been wishy-washy about what program to use for many months. I have FINALLY surrendered and am going back to AA...a program that works for me! If I don't throw myself back in the middle of the program, I fear I will die of alcoholism. I've watched several people die and it's such a torturous way to go. :-(

Hope you are all doing well! I will keep you up to date & continue to use SR as a recovery "tool". You guys are awesome!