View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
AddictGuy

You have your whole life ahead of you. Do whatever you must to get this straightened out now. I hear the people at AA don't bite. They sure aren't going to shame you or not take you seriously. I mean "this" is what they do.

Maybe for you it will take rehab, or maybe, like Dee, SR will do it. But you must focus here and now and make this your mission to fix this thing. I believe that focused time spent is the answer to everything . . . and a willingness to ask for help. Don't worry about feeling humiliated at this point. If humiliation is an issue for you, if you don't get help there is way more of that waiting for you.

I am sorry about the passing out thing at work. That must have been really bad, with your boss counting on you and everything. You can take the right steps now so that you will not have to fear the "next" thing happening.

Believe me, all of us here have our humiliating, life-wrecking moments that we wish we could take back, but we can't. We can only do what we must to make things better from here on. That is what you must do as well.