Old 03-08-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
LonelyShadow

Zenchaser sorry to hear that you're struggling, I find that with AVRT that if you've ended up drinking again it's either because you;

1. Failed to recognise the Addictive Voice
2. Recognised It and chose to drink anyway

It sounds to me like you've CHOSEN to give your power away! Think about why you decided to quit in the first place. Knock it off with the drinking and get back into sobriety. Deep down, you know that drinking is the WRONG decision.

---

I think remembering the buzz of alcohol isn't necessarily a sign of the AV in itself but I think the Beast will certainly try to use it (As It will try to use anything) to gain some leverage over You.

I think of it like remembering past bad relationships, I may find myself wistfully remembering the good times and pushing the bad memories aside for a moment or two. That doesn't mean I'm going to call her up and beg to have her back. Just means I had a brief thought. Nothing needs to be acted upon.

---

As for integrating the Beast and accepting it as part of who you are, I think there might be some confusion in that the midbrain (It) does serve very useful functions in that it creates the desire to eat, sleep, reproduce, find shelter etc... Of course those parts of the midbrain need to be welcomed and accepted, naturally the midbrain always demands "MORE!" and we (Neocortex) have to intervene and limit our food intake, understand when sex is appropriate etc and that is part of being human and internally understanding how to handle our base, animal desires is part of life. But somewhere along the line the midbrain became confused and came to believe alcohol/drugs were as essential to survival as everything else that gives us pleasure. THAT urge/desire is the Addictive Voice. And I firmly believe, as the midbrain is WRONG on that one. The Addictive Voice cannot and should not be accepted as a part of you, it can't be played with or toyed with and I don't believe it's helpful for growth at all.