Old 03-07-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

My understanding of Addictive Voice (AV) as the sole cause of addiction, is any thinking which supports possible future drinking. The Beast, (Desire to be drunk) makes as much use as IT can of whatever thoughts and feelings it can organize into AV so as to get me to actually drink, since without my physically using alcohol, the Beast can never be satisfied. AV is to the Beast what a bark is to a dog. AV is the Beast speaking.

Myself, I have no difficulty remembering past times of being drunk. I'll never forget what it was like. I remember by free choice. Can I think about my PAST drinking without creating present or future desire to be drunk? Yeah, no problem. Thinking about my past experiences with alcohol doesn't cause me harm.

As for what it does to my Beast, that is a different matter. Just my claiming to be a recovered alcoholic drug addict stirs my Beast and I can hear IT speak to me with AV. Same with when remembering the pleasure of past drinking stirs my Beast. This has been going on for decades now without consequences. Doesn't bother me. Makes my Beast wail though unsatisfied since I don't drink and never will again. Unlike my Beast though, I myself pay no price for my remembering. There is no downside to my Beast suffering. What little AV it can now manage is inconsequential and nothing for me to be concerned about.

For transparency, although I continue to make good use of AVRT, taking what I need, I'm not a purist practitioner.