Old 03-07-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by WhatBeast View Post
I continue to hold the position that battle and alienation with the beast is unhealthy. I suggest we look more toward integration, self-esteem, and wholeness with the idea that ultimately the beast is a valued servant. Until we can do that we will be at war with ourselves. Right brains, feelers and healers, can I get some help up in here?
You have every right to believe what you choose, but I believe it's useful to point out that the direct goal of The Big Plan backed up by Addictive Voice Recognition Technique is to actually try to KILL that Beast of Rational Recovery. IT may never completely die, but in my case (and Soberlicious also realizes this in herself) I no longer recall the sensation of being under the influence of alcohol. I do not remember what it feels like to be drunk or even buzzed. In terms of my personal morality - "I have forgotten to do evil" (from a 17th century publication about temperance and patience). I believe this is what happens to the vast majority of people who end addictions (and recoveryism if attempted) for good and get on with life.