Old 03-06-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LBrain

My wife wanted me to purchase the "Relapse Prevention" workbook when I was in rehab. She wanted to buy a lot of recovery stuff for me. I read through one.

It's probably not a bad idea to have something like that around to refer to once in a while or monthly. Kind of a reset when your thinking starts to drift.

I think it is a good idea every once in a while to review our thinking and motivation. In the very beginning our resolve is quite strong - fresh. After some time it becomes just another day and complacency sets in. For me, reading posts from the newcomers forum is what keeps it fresh for me. I am constantly reminded of what it's like, where I was and where I will end up if I let the AV overtake me. I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought it would be nice to have a drink now and again. But every time I think this I remind myself that I can't. Or, shouldn't for my own good. I always 'can'. But that would be same as going over niagra falls in a rubber raft. I can always do that too. But would I survive it.
And besides, I don't drink alcohol.