Old 03-06-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

hello jazzfish,
I saw this post on the New Posts section. Just for me, I did the RR Crash Course online, Read the Rational Recovery Book, read the Art of AVRT, and did the Big Plan...quite a number of times. I was lambasted on some posts for just not getting it...or just not being serious about the 'Simple' program, and being weak and letting my AV control me. I really worked the program, numerous times...but for ME...my AUTOMATIC behavior just sidestepped any Rational Thoughts...and I could start back on the Rational Thoughts about the time my Automatic Behavior had followed the engrained routine of DRINKING.

RR and AVRT work for a lot of people, and for people like me that just couldn't get it...well I guess I was just letting my AV be in control..just another weak-willed REAL Alcoholic?

I am now over a year completely SOBER, and I maintain that condition by working a program that really works for me, and it allows ME to keep elevated above the Automatic Behavior of the Alcoholic Condition that I have accepted I have.

RDBplus3...Happy, Sober, and FREE