Old 03-05-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
FeenixxRising

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
Well I feel bare without them. Anhedonia is a word I learned from this site. I have that. I don't feel like I used to. I want to disconnect. My orgasm is not what it used to be... still there but elusive sometimes. Sorry if its too much info but this is the recovery site so there. I don't get pleasure. I feel flat. I'm isolating and want it like that. Depression might be a word but I hate using it for myself. I feel like I"ve lost the plot. What is the point again? What is the goal? I can be funny and fake it but it's all just a show... underneath it all I don't feel right.
I don't know how long you've been sober, but give yourself some time. You're making some big changes, but you will adjust. I also suffered from anhedonia. Nothing really excited me, but I threw myself into sober life as best I could. I started exercising, eating better and I started to invest in myself by learning new skills that will help me in life.

So far those actions have helped me greatly to begin to just enjoy life as it is. And honestly, after all my crazy, drinking nonsense, I'm enjoying a quiet simple life.