View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
roany

About 48 hours since my last drink

Not sure where to start....just need to get it out...
A little over 48 hours ago I stumbled into the ER after spending most of the day guzzling the better part of a 40 of vodka. Now I know all of the nurses that were there. Pretty embarrassing I don't really recall why but I wanted help and now. My roommate was just getting home as I was getting in a taxi. He showed up at the ER shortly after. I barely remember talking to the doctor. I do remember pleading with him for help and him trying to explain I was far to drunk and to come back sober. He sent me home with a prescription for lorazepam and vit b. So once we got home he asked if I had a stash of booze. I told him no. I went to bed and finished that bottle. I woke up the next morning showered kept myself busy around the house. I spent most of the day sweating or chills. Couldn't eat. Found an AA meeting to go to. I went that night and no one was there! I went to bed that night exhausted, drained. Could not sleep. Everytime I closed my eyes it was the most random images, jumping from one to the other. The next morning I still felt exhausted but not bad. Still sweating and chills. A little off. But no shakes. So I decided to go to work. That brings us to now. Still not sleeping. Ashamed of what I did. I don't know what would possess me to go to the er so drunk but glad cause hopefully now I can make a change. I'm scared that the withdrawal will get worse.

Anyway. Wow that was a lot. That's for reading I had to share that. Sorry if I makes no sense I'm so tired.