View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ShaneWhite

Your situation sounds very similar to mine! Hang in there though, you are certainly past the worst of it... My saving grace was that I do not have quite the extensive history of drinking that you do. That said, I've done my fair share of damage (mainly to myself, minus the emotional trauma on others). I'm however curious... did you taper at all? My last drink was about 37 hours ago, but I started the recovery process 4 days ago; went from 20+ drinks Saturday to 7 the next, to 4 the day after (in lots of 2 spaced out by 12 hours). I was very worried about seizures as well so this is why I did this (as before I used prescribed medication to get through).

Regardless, I do think I understand what it is you went through; withdrawal without the help of medication was perhaps the most mentally challenging thing I've ever had to do. It literally almost broke me. Now that you've had to go through this regrettable process perhaps like me you feel as if you now have the strength to make the next step. After all in my opinion if you can do a cold turkey detox with your history, you are at an advantage to those who never did drink (if you can sustain sobriety) as most individuals would not be able to deal with what I went through and you did I suspect.