View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ruthhoney

After 3 months of silence, he contacted me again. He said he was just really slow to reply emails and apologized for getting back to me late. And it was very nice the message. He even said he was so grateful for the time spent with me and he has no hard feelings about anything between us.

Every time it's this kind of communication that brings up hope. But usually when I start to invest emotionally again, he would disappear.

It's making it really hard to let go. I mean what he said was very reasonal are very possible reasons for being late in giving a response. It could be he is really doing well in recovery. But on the other side, i cannot stop thinking perhaps it's manipulation.

I feel bad to think this way. It seems our relationship is going nowhere. But he wouldn't say he no longer cares about me or anything like that.
I don't know what to do. Because if he is really doing well then I might have given up on a real hope. However I am also worried that i ll be stuck again and the cycle might begin once again.
It's difficult to open up to other relationship opportunities in a situation like this.
Help and encouragement please.