View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
RunnerBean

Hey Cohiba ,nice to meet you.

I've just turned 26 and can relate to many of the things you have mentioned in your post. Let me highlight a few things for you first though *that Lonely Shadow has also touched upon.* Having a stringent work out plan is great, as is having specific goals in which you are striving toward.

However, I used to box competitively, play in two football teams and hit the gym multiple times a week. However, I preferred the alcohol more than anything else. You have to want to be sober more than you want to drink, and with some sober time, I believe you will adopt that mindset (and the fitness regime will extend to other pastures anew).

I feel that you should also reassess your peer group as well to be honest. Do you really want to be hanging around with MDMA/coke users into your 30s? When I was 24, I was the organiser of the lads' trip to Amsterdam! I came back being hailed as a 'legend' and all the rest of it for my ridiculous and deviant behaviour whilst I was out there. Little did my friends know that I couldn't leave the house for a week afterwards due to crushing anxiety and physical meltdown. I get the impression that you're like me and my former peer group, which makes me cringe *sorry about that*

Apologies if some of my points are a little direct, but I see myself in you, and I was the biggest idiot when I was drunk that you could ever imagine.

I'm rooting for you!