View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
anattaboy

Seems I just received some REAL motivation in the form of blood tests. I finally found a great female Doc that listened and ran the right tests and confirmed Cardio markers. I will be mixing all my juice to 6% today and stopping after this cup (2nd) this morning. The news is not un-expected and I am nowhere near ambulatory but stopping now can ease the damage. I have genes from mom and pop that made this inevitable and a long talk with an uncle 15 yrs. ago was spot-on. Of course nic and coffee are catalysts so they gotta go. Folks say DR. Google can cause undo paranoia but I don't regret any of the research I've done as it got me to be proactive long before any results were confirmed. I slacked up on supplements when I was a month sober and should have continued the b12 and folate as she wants to give me a 3 month round of IM. I will do it as well as get back on the treadmill for a few today. I'm still a huge advocate of tapering especially for alcohol. Lotsa damage avoided here by NOT going cold turkey. This sounds kinda glum but I'm actually stoked to have the opportunity and a part to play in saving my own ass.

Last edited by anattaboy; 03-03-2015 at 04:57 AM. Reason: To praise Inanna for the internet