Thread: AS Disgusts me
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Katie, sadly this is not uncommon for an addict desperate for drugs...and even sadder is that some carry through with the threat.

Years ago my son asked me to have a joint bank account with him, one where we both would have to sign for money withdrawn. He was clean so I did it, he worked two weeks and banked responsibly. Then he used and "needed" that money. He came to my office screaming and raging and when I said I would not go with him to the bank, I honestly thought he would hit me even though he had never lifted a hand before. He was out of control. I called the police and they took him away for "disturbing the peace" which was only good for overnight and meanwhile I went to the bank and took my name off the account and never again agreed to be any part of his access to drugs or money, even if he begged me.

They don't face consequences until we stop blocking the process. And they don't even consider sobriety until the pain and consequences of using becomes greater than the urge to use.

I am glad you are securing your home and safety. Letting go is hard but hanging on is harder, this mama learned that the hard way.

Hugs