View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SobRecNYC

Hi Marcus. Thank you for sharing. It is so helpful and insightful to hear from someone who's been on the other side of addiction. I appreciate your honesty, even though, of course, it's not exactly what I wanted to hear...or, rather, admit to myself what I already know to be true. My gut tells me you are right and my gut has not been wrong once during this whole situation with my boyfriend. It's so hard for me to reconcile it all because on one hand, he is functioning so well -- he's in school full-time, he's training 25-30 hours per week (he's an athlete) preparing to compete and he is consistently going to his own therapist and group meetings...yet he is still putting so many substances into his body and he started doing so less than two months into recovery. By the way, despite our agreement that he'd be transparent about anything he put into his body, he didn't freely tell me...I started suspecting and then he admitted to it. I guess such omission of truth is addict behavior in of itself. He is doing so well in so many ways and that's what confuses me... Thanks again for your reply. I've read some of your other posts and they are so helpful to me and I'm sure for others as well.

Last edited by SobRecNYC; 02-27-2015 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Typo